Monday, March 14, 2011

On A More Serious Note

I know you don't usually come here for enlightenment of any sort, but today I think it's definitely in order. Not only has there been tons of stuff going on with the government and workers' rights in Wisconsin, but the catastrophe in Japan is pretty rattling. I have family over there, and it's pretty scary to watch the events unfold every day. This is my new homepage, they have live updates, photos and videos. I've collected a quick bunch of stuff to show.




If you haven't/aren't already, I highly suggest taking some time to read up on what's going on over there, look at the pictures, watch the videos, it's insane. Cars, homes, ships, tankers, are all being tossed about like toys in a bathtub. The most disconcerting problems right now are with the death count, and with the nuclear reactors. As of the first night, there was a body count of 68, going on 100. Last night 2000 bodies washed up on shore. This morning: the headlines stated that the country is running out of body bags. The nuclear reactors are in a state of meltdown, overheating and on the verge of exploding. If they release pressure, it is in the form of red radiation, which emits the same amount of cancer-causing cells in one hour that a person would absorb in a year on average. Everything is pretty fucked up.

So like I said, I know that nobody usually checks this blog for worldly enlightenment, but I can't just sit by why this is happening. Hearing back from Shingo is pretty much the only thing on my mind right now as it is. If you'd like to have a conversation on what's going on in Japan or Wisconsin, hit me up or email me or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment